WTS-Newbigin Distance Learning Master of Divinity
In mid-August, new students participate in online orientation and learning management system training. Students will work within the program's learning management system, Canvas, gaining experience with the same tools used in courses, and will begin to develop an online community within the new student cohort.
When new students arrive on campus in October for their first intensive, they receive an additional day of face-to-face orientation.
• Fall Semester: 14 weeks, early September-December. Hybrid courses that blend online and classroom learning include a 5-day on-campus intensive in Holland, MI in mid-October.
• January Term: 3 weeks, fully-online elective courses.
• Spring Semester: 14 weeks, January-May. Hybrid courses that blend online and classroom learning include a 5-day on-campus intensive in Holland, MI in mid-May.
• Summer Term: 6 weeks, late May-late June, fully online courses.
• Late Summer Term: mid July-late August. Includes a 1-week intensive held in San Francisco during years 1-3 of the program.
Western Theological Seminary’s Commencement Service is usually the second Monday in May and falls within the distance learning spring semester on-campus intensive. Graduating seniors participate in Commencement then finish the rest of the intensive. WTS-Newbigin DL Graduates receive the Master of Divinity degree from Western Theological Seminary.